Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Losing Leaves and Fall Festivals

As the weather cools, local community artists and neighbors start to warm up at fall festivals. This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the lure of homemade caramel corn, dried corn husks, and the rainbow of colors present in changing leaves. Local festivals are wonderful ways to meet up with old friends and neighbors and to meet new artists, trade products, and build relationships within the community. Around every corner, past the high school booster club lemon shake ups, are tents, stands, tables, and temporary shops offering vintage, baked goods, hand crafted treasures, and more.  Scarecrows, jack-o-lanterns, baskets, and more populate the streets of small towns.

I am most excited about the pleasant surprises in products and people as I plan to attend a few of my favorite fall festivals in southern Indiana.  I grew up in a small town, and my childhood is highlighted by family trips to the festivals and farmers markets in and around our community.  This exposure only fueled and excited my creativity!


 Some festivals I will be attending:

No comments:

Post a Comment