Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Introduction to Arts and Crafts Ado

Greetings!

So I have finally decided to commit to a blog.  I recently opened an Etsy shop (DeLorenzoArt) and thought it a good idea to complement the shop with this blog!  I love to craft and make handmade items.  I started as a way to personalize gift giving and to save some money on store bought, mass produced greeting cards.  I have been crafting for as long as I can remember.  Like my mom, I like to play around with decorating my home with handmade items (wreaths, paintings, etc...), and like my dad, I also like to paint in acrylics.  I could spend hours in a craft store, much to my husband's chagrin.  This blog will be my ode to art, craft, and photography as I attempt to make ado about products, artists, and shops.

I will use this blog to highlight fellow Etsy shops, photographers, artists, and crafters.  I also aim to review some products I love, and who knows, maybe host a giveaway every once and awhile. 

As I am sure this blog will be a bit rough around the edges for the first couple of tries, I welcome any thoughts, comments, and suggestions. 

Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog and your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new blog! I found you on stacie's blog lol

    Will you follow mine? I have a giveaway up now too!

    http://www.joebloe1116.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. following you back from ourkidsmom.com! Good luck :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! thank you so much for your kind words at mommy2nanny3doggy1 :) I cant wait to check back and see all these beautiful pieces!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your blog! Thanks for visiting today - I've returned the follow!
    http://confessionsofafrugalmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Jessica, on starting your new blog! I am your latest follower and I wish you the best of luck on your new venture!

    I am hosting a giveaway for all of my followers, old and new, to celebrate a milestone in my blogging career. Won't you please stop by and join the fun?

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you back from the Cup of Joe blog hop. I love your work! It's beautiful! I wish I had more time to devote to my art--maybe I will have to see if I can get back into it again.

    http://waitingforherwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you back...congrats on your new blog. Looking good. I did the opposite of you. I started my blog six months ago and just opened an Etsy shop. Welcome and can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed your blog Jessica I will be back soon

    ReplyDelete