Monday, August 15, 2011

Daler-Rowney Acrylic Artists Ink-Product Review

Daler Rowney Acrylic Artists Ink


I recently discovered the fun of creating ink blot abstract art pieces on Etsy and decided to try my own.  I headed to my local art supply store (Blick Art Materials-my new favorite store!) to find some acrylic ink.  I decided to purchase Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic Water-Resistant Artists Ink in Black.  Blick Art Materials had a great selection of Daler-Rowney ink colors in one fluid ounce bottles.  There are water-resistant colors and a beautiful selection of pearlescent liquid acyclic inks.  So I headed home, brand new ink and inspiration in hand!

I was very, very impressed with the ink flow from the dropper included in the bottle.  The dropper was very comfortable in my hand and the ink flow was smooth.  The dropper even features a small curve at the end; I assume this design is to avoid smudging your artwork after you dispense the ink.  This is a super important feature for me, because I am left-handed and seem to smear most everything. 

I was happy to discover, at the end of my ink blotting extravaganza, that I did not have ink smudges on the outsides of my hands as I usually do with markers or chalks.  The color of the ink was vibrant and strong.  The ink color did not fade when dry, and the product dried fairly quickly.

I will definitely purchase Daler-Rowney inks again and look forward to the opportunity to venture out to try new colors.  Actually, I may head out to buy some more right now...

Stay tuned for How-To Tuesday's post featuring Daler-Rowney Acrylic Inks!

*Note: I did not receive any free samples or compensation for this post.  My opinions are my own and are unbiased.  I would, however, welcome any products in exchange for a review on this blog.  I am just saying.

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment this means alot to me I am now a follower of yours and will be sure to be back. hugs Rhonda (scraphappenswithRhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I'm stopping by and following from Monday Mob Hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining my Monday Mob Hop I am now following you back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete